If it's a quiet, restful holiday you want in a tranquil setting with lovely views of the grapes growing next to the sunflowers, then look no further.
Relax with a glass of wine under A sun umbrella next to the pool and listen to the grapes grow, or watch the superb sunsets we enjoy at Chez Dauve (the main house). We are pleased to be able to offer some additional features which you may find tempting.
How can we help?
- There is a welcome pack of essentials to get you started...bread, milk, butter and wine - naturally. In addition we are happy to get you some shipping in before you arrive by prior arrangement.
- We are pleased to be able to offer an optional home cooked 3 course meal on the evening of your arrival for 15 euros. Children can also be catered for at a reduced rate. Please arrange this with us prior to your arrival and we will confirm the menu.
- Full directions to the house will be provided once booking is made.
- You will need a car as we are 12 mins drive from the nearest town.
- Brong your swimming gear!
Find out more about the local area and what you can see and do.
- During your stay we can offer the ladies of your party a pampering spa treatment. Kate is qualified in facial treatments, manicure/pedicure or you can book a super relaxing aromatherapy massage. Kate holds a level II certificate in Advanced Swedish massage. This deep tissue massage will detoxify your lymphatic system and de-stress both mind and body and leave you feeling calm and relaxed after a hard days shopping in Cognac or that bike ride through the countryside.
Extras at the house
- We have several bicycles which you are very welcome to borrow free of charge to take advantage of the lovely countryside and quite lanes on your doorstep. We even have children’s bikes for your little ones.
- We have an outdoor wood-burning bread oven which we “fire up” once a week or more often on request. You can build your own pizza and watch it cook at a modest price. They are absolutely delicious and we make our own pizza dough.
- In the orchard we grow our own fruit. Including, plums, apricots, pears, apples, cherries and damsons.
- The summer is the obvious choice as the weather is normally beautiful. There is however a large wood burner in the Gite for colder times of the year.
Maison D’hibou is next door to the main farm house (Chez Dauve) where we live. Should you need anything we will be happy to assist you whilst respecting your need for privacy, peace and relaxation.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0)7791751838